Thursday, April 18, 2013
My car has been in the shop now for nearly three weeks. Just one of the really fun things that we get to deal with overseas when an essential car part is out of stock or backordered. If you ask me, I don't really think a radiator is necessary but the experts on the base do not agree. Therefore, my car has been sitting there since April 3rd. Today is the 18th. You do the math. Since Evans was on Spring Break last week we really did a whole bunch of not leaving the house. Our neighbors commented last weekend that they were afraid that Deaner had killed me since they hadn't laid eyes on me in a week. I'm so glad they came over to check on me! By Friday I was actually feeling really bad for the boring week that Evans had to endure so we took a little adventure on the train to visit Daddy at work. Nothing super exciting but I'd say after a week of excitement deprivation, he thought it was the greatest thing on earth.
Deaner got off of work early yesterday and after picking him up at work (this whole one car thing is for the birds) we spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning off our back patio and having dinner outside.
Posted by Gleatie at 6:04 AM
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Posted by Gleatie at 11:55 AM
Posted by Gleatie at 11:33 AM
Thursday, February 28, 2013
1. Oh my god, what just happened?
2. Oh my god, there is dirt ALL over the room, all over my face, in my eyes AND in my clean hair.
3. Holy s*#t, I think my vacuum cleaner is a goner.
4. Why are all the lights in the house off?
5. Did every single piece of dirt just land back on my bedroom carpet?
6. What in the world am I going to do?
7. We cannot afford to buy ANOTHER vacuum cleaner.
8. Deaner is going to kill me.
So after the dust settled (literally) I was able to collect my thoughts. I hauled the old German pull behind vacuum out of the basement only to find that it didn't work either. Awesome. I resorted to a broom and a dust pan and SWEPT my carpet. Even more awesome. When I was finished, I hauled both broken vacuums back downstairs to be loaded into the car for the dump. Then it dawned on me that I hadn't flipped the breaker yet which would explain the German vacuum not working. I think the dust really affected my brain.
I'm trying to put the incident behind me.
If anyone can convince my husband to buy me a new vacuum...........I'd be much obliged.
Posted by Gleatie at 2:38 PM
Friday, February 22, 2013
Daddy had another chance to bust out the Man With The Yellow Hat costume and I was perfectly content in my non-descript down jacket and jeans. Surprisingly, Evans and Brady mostly stayed in their seats and let the parade walkers come and place candy on their laps. Not to bad of a deal if you ask me.
I think Brady had the warmest costume of all though he was mistaken for a girl a few times. I don't think it bothered him!
Sunday was even colder but we bundled up again and headed to the "big" parade in downtown Wiesbaden. The floats were much more sophisticated and when we left 2.5 hours later there was no end in sight.
We had a few small incidents with Evans "accidentally" throwing the bouncy balls that he caught which caused a couple minor breakdowns but thankfully there was a lot of loot to be caught. I was assaulted in the noggin more than one time and if anyone is wanting parade popcorn, please come to our house. By the time we were ready to call it quits, Evans was D-O-N-E with the parade.
I knew we were in trouble when he would suck on a pop pop for 2 minutes and then demand a new one. I think that both Evans and Deaner have gotten their money's worth out of these Halloween costumes.
I suppose now I am not only responsible for finding Evans a costume every year. Of all the loot caught this year there was a clear winner to the most creative piece of candy. Brady caught one of these in Hattenheim on Saturday and when I was going through our stash I found one of our very own.
I'm almost positive this a gummy butt. With ears. A butt with ears. Need I really say more? Can't wait for next year!
Posted by Gleatie at 4:37 PM
Monday, February 18, 2013
So all you peeps sunning yourself in beautiful places.....good for y'all. I'm not bitter. I swear. When I dream at night I am here....Lounging on a beach in Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Posted by Gleatie at 12:26 PM
Thursday, February 7, 2013
1. Randy Jackson (give or take 100 pounds) is exactly the same as ever.
2. Not that I have ever paid that much attention to Mariah Carey in my life but when did her boobs get to be the size of boulders? She must have an aching back at the end of every day.
3. I am pretty sure Ryan Seacrest has gotten tinier. I think I could fit him in my pocket.
4. Who is Nicki Minaj? I mean, where did she come from? I've never even heard of her and she sounds like Fran Drescher. All that being said, she is like the only funny judge on the show. Her commentary cracks me up along with her absurd outfits. EEK!
5. Keith Urban is kind of a pansy. I'm just saying. I wish he would stop singing along with these contestants tryouts. It's THEIR time to shine. You already have four grammies.
6. This next statement goes for all the judges. This is an issue every. single. year. There is no such thing as 110%. There is no such thing as 1,000%. There is no such thing as 1,500,394,398%. I will never understand this. 100% is as high. as. it. goes.
7. It had to have been a joke that they let that woman thru last week that sang the National Anthem. I still don't get it. Anyways.
I guess that is all I have to say about American Idol. Frankly, it is more than I ever thought I would have to say about it ever in my whole life. I suppose I have another week or so before I completely stop watching it. In other news, Evans has finally gotten the hang of the German Monkey Joe's-like indoor playground.
Posted by Gleatie at 4:49 PM